St. Agnes Child Protection Process and Procedure
Anyone over 18years of age who wants to volunteer at St. Agnes Parish must complete 1) a Volunteer Application, 2) the online Child Protection Training, and 3) then sign the Code of Ethics. The following are the instructions to complete the process so as to be in compliance with Diocesan Policy.
Online Child Protection Training
1. Go to diobr.org
2. Click the 'Child & Youth Protection and Victim Assistance' box link near the bottom of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge homepage, www.diobr.org
3. Click 'Safe and Sacred Online Training Center' at the left under the 'Certification' heading on the page titled 'Keeping Our Promise to Protect.' First Time Training - 'Recognizing Child Abuse.' Follow the directions for taking the Safe in Place online course and test. Make note of your username, password and certificate code(case sensitive) BEFORE leaving the website!!
4. Read and sign the Code of Ethics and turn it into the St. Agnes Child Protection Coordinator, Kitty Blanchard, at the parish office, mail to: Attn: Child Protection Coordinator, 749 East Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70802 OR email a copy of your Certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Call the St. Agnes Child Protection Coordinator, Kitty, at the parish office, 225-383-4127, to obtain a copy of the Volunteer Application.
2. Complete the Application. Refer any questions to Kitty.
3. Send, by email or regular mail, the completed Application to Kitty at the parish office. Please find the email address and postal address above.
The 1) Volunteer Application, the 2) on-line Training Certificate, the 3) signed Code of Ethics must be completed and turned into Kitty, the St. Agnes Child Protection Coordinator, at the parish office no later than 2 weeks before the event you are hoping to volunteer for, in order for you to participate.